Sunday, September 9, 2012

The other side of Bangalore


Hey guys, don't you think we have got enough noise, pollution and crowded places? I don't know for you, but I was fed up with that. So I decided to move and explore another part of Bangalore: its countryside. It is a deserted place, while it is at least as beautiful as Bangalore downtown.

I quickly checked on Google Maps before leaving, just to notice where would be some nice place for me to see. I spotted a big lake close to the East of Doddaballapur Road, and some green area at the North of it. I was enough for me, knowing that I could easily come back home, check another place, and go for a second trip if the first one wasn't enough. So I left, with my bag containing only my camera, a book, a notebook and pens, all what I need to have some good time into the wild.While walking towards the lake, I crossed a kind of little village. Whereas it seemed to be quite poor, it was very pleasant to see: there were many houses, all colored and mixed, and many activity in the street. Many people were doing many unknown things, such as shopping, talking, resting, working, crossing the road and obviously, looking at me. A hundred meters further I reached the lake, or what people left of it. It looks like it has been emptied, and some work is currently done down there. Anyway, there were nothing left for me, so I didn't spent much time on it. As soon as I arrived, two guys drinking beer in a car called me, and ask me what I was doing in such a place. I guess they don't often see white people in such a non-touristic area. They directly offered me some beer, which I declined and told them instead that I was looking for a nice green place. After I kindly thanked them for their help, I followed the path they indicated me.

I arrived then in a field, with no greenery but small bushes. At first sight it looked completely deserted, with no track of human being, nor of its constructions. I decided to explore it quietly, trying to see what kind of animals live here. What a surprise it was to distinguish a building clamped between bushes! In fact it was not really a building, but an abandoned construction site. I haven't been able to figure out what it was supposed to be build for, since it didn't have anything specific, only walls, doors and windows. The only uncommon part I saw was a kind of open-air well, at least 15 meters deep and 8 meters wide. Without any railing, of course. While examining it, I saw another abandoned construction site, few distance away. On my way to reach it, my path crossed that of a prey bird, hunting high in the sky, also some huge centipedes and several ant-hills.




This second building was so different from the previous one. There were many little houses, which formed a big square with nothing inside. It could have been a market, excepted that all these houses were turned to the outside. A second mystery for me. And now comes the third one: one beer for anybody who can tell me which character is pictured below. I took the photograph in this same building, apparently used buy random people to party.


It took me about one hour and a half to go back home, since I chose not to use twice the same path. So I visited some other villages, and I went much further than expected. What a surprise, when I checked on my laptop where I have been, to discover these big circles around the buildings:


Crop circles? I didn't know aliens were in India too... Anyway, I will probably have to go back over there to figure out what kind of place it that. Unless I find somewhere else more interesting to explore in the meantime. If you want to join me, you are welcome ;).

1 comment: